A perennial favorite for stargazers the world over, the Observer's Handbook is a must-have resource for astronomers everywhere. Beginning hobbyists, advanced amateurs, and professional astronomers alike can benefit from using the 2014 Observer's handbook as an authoritative reference guide for celestial events occurring in 2014. You won't miss a single stellar sight when using the 2014 Observer's Handbook to plan stargazing sessions and star party events!
More than 60 professional astronomers contributed to this 352-page handbook which has been published by the esteemed Royal Astronomical Society of Canada since 1907. The Observer's handbook is internationally recognized as the finest compendium of astronomical highlights and detailed information for the entire year.
A 24-page section called "The Sky Month By Month" provides and extensive listing of events for each month of 2014. Additionally, the Observer's Handbook contains multiple sections which describe upcoming astronomical events to look forward to in 2014, including:
- Times of sunrise and sunset
- Times of moonrise and moonset (for latitudes 20° to 62° N)
- Moon phases and other lunar phenomenon
- Conjunctions, elongations, etc. of the planets
- Eclipses and transits
- Locations of the planets and bright asteroids
- Returns of periodic comets
- Times of meteor showers
- Predictions of the cycles of many variable stars
The 2014 Observer's Handbook also contains a thorough amount of astronomical reference information which is meticulously updated every year to ensure accuracy. Information includes:
- Orbital and physical data on the planets and their satellites
- Astronomical and physical constants
- Some optical properties of telescopes and binoculars
- A section on the electromagnetic spectrum
- Information on filters for astronomical observing
- Light pollution and sky transparency
- A description of the various systems of specifying time
- Information on the Sun including sunspots and aurorae
- Two new sections on solar and lunar observing
- A list of meteorite crashes in North and Central America
- Advice on using the Observer's Handbook for teaching astronomy
- Information on the Gegenschein and zodiacal light
- A new section on sky phenomena
- 40 Pages of authoritative tables dealing with stars, star clusters, nebulas and galaxies
- Maps of the Moon and entire stellar sky
Get the 2014 Observer's Handbook today and don't miss a single sight throughout the entire year of 2014!
Orders received by noon Pacific Time for in-stock item the same business day. Order received after noon will ship the next business day. When an item is not in-stock we will ship it as soon as it becomes available. Typically in-stock items will ship first and backordered items will follow as soon as they are available. You have the option in check out to request that your order ship complete, if you'd prefer.
SHIPPING RESTRICTIONS APPLY FOR THIS PRODUCT
This product is available to ship Standard delivery within the 50 US states, APO/DPO/FPO addresses and US territories/protectorates. Delivery is not available to Canada.