If you're new to astronomy or looking for the perfect gift for someone interested in the stars, this new edition of Starry Night Complete Space & Astronomy Software has everything you need to get started.
With direct, easy-to-understand explanations and impressive visuals of all kinds of night sky phenomena, Complete Starry Night Complete Space & Astronomy Software is the perfect way to share the wonders of the universe with your entire family. Satisfy your curiosity about the universe without having to do more than point, click and explore.
Find out what it is like to be an astronaut in spaceship mode where you can travel to the edges of the known universe. See what the universe looked like thousands of years ago or what it will look like thousands of years from now. As new discoveries are made, the new objects will automatically update into the software!
You'll never be "lost in space" with these stellar planetarium-in-a-box that gets you up and viewing in minutes.
New Features for Version 6.3:
- Over 15 new features including:
- New planets and their moons have been added and updated
- Enjoy 5 additional photorealistic horizon panoramas
- Animated trips between planets now include visually appealing planet avoidance
- Saturn's rings and ring shadows more precise than ever
- Dramatically improved spaceship responsiveness
- Shadow cones can be displayed to show the shadows of orbiting bodies
- Updated LiveSky links and images
- See the night sky from anywhere on Earth, especially your own backyard
- Select your home location from a database of over 8000 locations or by zip code or longitude/latitude
- Learn how to identify planets, stars and popular asterisms such as "The Big Dipper"
- Blast off to visit any planet in the solar system, its moons or the Milky Way
- Travel in time from 4713 BC to 3000 AD
- Learn about the movements of the planets, watch the phases of the Moon and see what the stars looked like on the day you were born!
- Explore 1,000,000 stars from the Hipparcos and Tycho-2 3D star catalogs
- Maneuver around a 3-D universe created exclusively using the Tully database with 3-D positions of 28,000 galaxies
- Find your way around the night sky with SkyGuide's 50 interactive, multimedia guided star tours
- Know exactly where, when, and what you're observing with the "Status" and "Info" panes
- Fly around the universe using the joystick supported spaceship mode
- Magnify up to 600,000x
- Depicts realistic twilight, daytime and nighttime views
- Enjoy high-resolution illustrations of all 88 classical constellations and photorealistic Earth horizon panoramas
- Zoom in on the Best of Hubble Space Telescope images
- Boost your knowledge of space trivia with Record Holders and the built-in astronomy Dictionary
- Save or export color images to create your own space art
- Print star charts for your next outing under the stars
- Stay current with instant online updates of asteroids, comets and satellites (Internet connection required)
- Locate objects easily with SmartFind
- Daily Events Reminder lists all celestial events visible tonight from your backyard
- Hear the correct pronunciation of constellations and over 500 celestial objects
- Features object-specific descriptions for 400 popular deep sky objects, from double stars to lenticular galaxies
- NEW - updated technology built directly into Starry Night will check for updates automatically if registered
- NEW-Features have been added to help Customer Support track down issues
- NEW-Pluto is now classified as a Dwarf Planet in the orbit editor
- NEW-Moons can now be added to dwarf planets
- NEW-Now you can add or edit planet surface images or 3DS model assignments.
- NEW-Comets are now indicated on printed output
- NEW-Peak times for meteor showers are now listed
- And much more!
Starry Night Complete Space & Astronomy Pack provides an ideal introduction to astronomy with:
- Starry Night software with 50 interactive, guided tours to get you started exploring our solar system
QuickGuide to Starry Night
- If you want to spark your child's curiosity about the night sky, you want Starry Night Constellation Adventure
- If you want a great introduction to astronomy or are looking for a gift, consider Starry Night Complete Space & Astronomy Pack
- If you are ready to explore more of the Universe and prepare for your first night out under the stars, consider Starry Night Enthusiast
- If you want telescope control, extensive data and comprehensive observational tools not found in any other program, consider Starry Night Pro
- If you want the world's most powerful astronomy software with unparalleled observation tools and the world's only full-color photograph of the entire night sky, there's only one choice: Starry Night Pro Plus
To run Complete Space & Astronomy Pack version 6.3 you need:
Computer with DVD drive
Windows: Requires Windows 7, Vista or Windows XP, 500 MHz or higher processor, 128 MB RAM and 850 MB of hard disk space. 32 MB OpenGL capable graphics card. Minimum recommended monitor resolution of 1024 x768 pixels.
Macintosh: Universal Binary runs natively on Intel and PPC Macintosh computers. Requires OS 10.3.9 or higher with G3 450 MHz or higher processor, 128 MB RAM and 850 MB of hard disk space. 32 MB OpenGL capable graphics card. Minimum recommended monitor resolution of 1024 x768 pixels.
Basic support for joysticks recognized by Windows 7, Vista or Windows XP and Mac OS X.
If you own an earlier version of Starry Night Complete Space & Astronomy Pack 6, click here to update to Starry Night Complete Space & Astronomy Pack version 6.3.
Boxed software which has been opened cannot be returned except for an exact exchange to replace defective software.