Here's looking at you!
Every amateur astronomer needs telescope eyepieces, lenses and filters. And the Celestron 2-inch eyepiece and filter kit is one of the most versatile accessories you can own.
- Three E-Lux 2-inch eyepieces Three-element fully multi-coated optical design with a 56-degree apparent field of view (40mm has 50-degree). Supplied in 26mm, 32mm and 40mm focal lengths.
- A 2X Barlow lens - A 2X Barlow doubles the magnifying power of your eyepiece by doubling its effective focal length. The E-Lux Barlow is fully multi-coated and with three eyepieces gives a total of six power combinations. It includes an adapter ring that will let you use 1.25-inch eyepieces with it.
- Five 2-inch, colored, lunar and planetary eyepiece filters - Included are Kodak Wratten #12 (deep yellow), #21 (orange), #25 (red), #58 (green), and #80A (blue). These filters will greatly enhance your enjoyment of our solar system..
- 2-inch mirror diagonal - A high-quality, 90-degree multi-coated mirror diagonal allows you to take advantage of the wider field of view provided by 2-inch eyepieces. This diagonal fits rear cells of all Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes and includes an adapter to use with refractor telescopes.
- Aluminum carrying case - This sturdy case accommodates all of the other items in its die-cut foam interior and even offers room for additional accessories.
This product is serviced and supported by its manufacturer according to the terms and conditions included in the packaged product. Orion's limited warranty does not apply. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
Eyepiece focal length
40.0mm - 26.0mm
7.0 in. x 12.0 in.
In the Box
2" 26mm E-Lux eyepiece
2" 32mm E-Lux eyepiece
2" 40mm E-Lux eyepiece
2" E-Lux 2x Barlow lens
2" #12 eyepiece filter
2" #21 eyepiece filter
2" #25 eyepiece filter
2" #58 eyepiece filter
2" #80A eyepiece filter
2" Mirror Diagonal
Celestron aluminum carrying case
Orders received by noon Pacific Time for in-stock items ship the same business day. Orders received after noon will ship the next business day. When an item is not in-stock we will ship it as soon as it becomes available. Typically in-stock items will ship first and backordered items will follow as soon as they are available. You have the option in check out to request that your order ship complete, if you'd prefer.
A per-item shipping charge (in addition to the standard shipping and handling charge) applies to this product due to its size and weight. This charge varies based on the shipping method.
Standard Delivery: 7.95
3 Day Delivery: 0.00
2 Day Delivery: 0.00
Next Day Delivery: $0.00
How does the quality of the eyepieces in the Celestron 2 inch format eyepiece and filter kit compare to the Zhumell Superwide achromatic 2 inch eyepieces? How do they compare in Field of view?
Optical quality of the Celestron and Zhumell eyepieces is roughly comparable. However, all the Zhumell Super Wide eyepieces offer a 58-degree field of view, vs. the 50- and 56-degree fields of the Celestrons.
I would like to know if in this kit Celestron Eyepiece and Filter Kit - 2 Inch Format sku: 94305 the 2? diagonal comes with the 2?-1.25? adapter ring? I don?t see it in the picture, but the same kit on Astronomics as the 2?-1.25? converter adapter. Please advise.
The Barlow does include the adapter ring; you can?t see it in the picture because the kit ships with the ring already installed in the Barlow.
If I want to have an eyepiece that can view the farthest, do I have to choose a 35mm or a 10mm?
A 10mm eyepiece will magnify more than a 35mm eyepiece. It will make objects your scope brings in appear larger than they would with a 35mm eyepiece.
Will it be possible to use 1.25? eyepieces after installing the 2" diagonal?
Not really, when you have installed an adapter for 2? eyepieces that is the format it will fit. Unless you take off the adapter when using the 1.25" eyepieces.
Will this item work with my Bushnell Goto 100mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Compact w/RVO?
No, the Zhumell 2-inch Eyepiece and Filter Kit will not work with the Bushnell scope. You'll need eyepiece and filters in 1.25-inch format. Here's the URL for the Zhumell version; just paste it into your browser's address window: http://telescopes.com/products/meade-eyepiece-holder-1-25-inch-for-attaching-1-25-imagers-to-scts-18618.html. And here's the URL for the Celestron version: http://telescopes.com/products/celestron-eyepiece-and-filter-kit-1-25-inch-format-11535.html.