The Celestron C6 R-GT 150mm GoTo Refractor Telescope combines a big 150mm (5.9") achromatic refractor of 1200mm focal length (f/8.0) with the CG-5 computerized equatorial mount for a completely automated GoTo observing system. Equipped with high-speed DC servo motors and a NexStar pushbutton hand controller with a 40,000 celestial object database, this telescope will take you wherever you tell it to and will get there quickly and accurately.
The German equatorial mount has precision worm gears on both axes for smooth motion. It has a port for autoguider use in astrophotography, and the hand controller accepts an RS-232 cable for use of astronomy software to control the telescope. The heavy-duty tripod boasts beefy 2" stainless steel legs for excellent stability.
The telescope comes with a 2" rack-and-pinion focuser that accepts both 2" and 1.25" accessories. It also includes a 20mm (60x) eyepiece, 1.25" star diagonal, 9x50 finder scope, and The Sky Level I astronomy software.
C6 R-GT EQ Computerized Refractor Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Autoguider port for long exposure astrophotography
- Double-line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- The CG-5 GT computerized mount features Celestron's sleek integrated design
- GPS-compatible with optional CN16 GPS Accessory
This product is serviced and supported by its manufacturer according to the terms and conditions included in the packaged product. Orion's limited warranty does not apply. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
Orders received by noon Pacific Time for in-stock item the same business day. Order received after noon will ship the next business day. When an item is not in-stock we will ship it as soon as it becomes available. Typically in-stock items will ship first and backordered items will follow as soon as they are available. You have the option in check out to request that your order ship complete, if you'd prefer.
Are there any pre-made transportation boxes for the entire setup, or for the tube and mount in particular.
The Celestron C6-R GT Refractor telescope ships in two boxes that protect it very well during shipping. There are no other transportation boxes for it that we are aware of.
How well does this scope perform on DSO?
The Celestron C6-R GT is a nice refractor. It has a limiting magnitude of 13.4, meaning you can bring in the light from about 15 million stars. You'll see many globular clusters resolved almost to the core, much internal detail in nebulae and structure in many galaxies.
Is the Celestron Advanced Series C6-RGT Refractor Telescope suitable for terrestrial use? I would like a good refractor telescope also suitable for terrestrial view.
Yes. This telescope would be very suitable for both terrestrial and astronomical viewing.