Orion Telescopes & Binoculars is continually growing, and we're always on the lookout for qualified applicants to join our team! As the leading direct-to-consumer brand of outdoor optics, Orion is an exciting place to work. Our headquarters are located in beautiful Santa Cruz County on the Central California coast, just 20 miles south of Silicon Valley and 75 miles south of San Francisco. Orion employees enjoy a comfortable, stimulating working environment. The atmosphere is cooperative, team-oriented, and casual yet professional. Orion offers a competitive compensation & benefits package.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 1
Location: Watsonville (Santa Cruz Area)
The primary role of this position is to provide the basic aspects of sales and customer service for the great products that Orion sells. This is an ideal position for an individual seeking part-time employment within the Monterey Bay area.
- Answer multiple incoming telephone lines, email and live chat for sales, information, and operator functions.
- Directly enter orders onto computer system.
- Enter mail orders into the system after accounting has processed the payment.
- Provide basic information regarding a customer order history including, but not limited to:
- When an order shipped
- How it was shipped
- Return inquiries
- Return authorizations
- If there are any credits (A/R's)
- Assist customers in selecting merchandise.
- Use computer to access information about customers, products and shipping information.
- Place tracers with UPS and Fed Ex.
- Assure customer concerns are addressed directly or referred to the appropriate personnel for
- Provide customer accommodation in conjunction with department policies and procedures.
- Respond to customer e-mail, chat requests and other correspondence as needed.
- Communicate with customers about order payment and billing issues.
- Enter in and work with information on the Payment Hold Report.
- Follow-up with Problem Order Forms.
- Process backorder notifications and order cancellation report.
- Perform within department standards to meet CSR I goals.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Communicate verbally in a clear, pleasant tone and manner.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Complete all departmental forms accurately and neatly.
- Accurately enter data into the computer system.
- Learn and apply training materials in an effective manner.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, managers.
- Participate in department technical trainings and star parties.
- Communicate via email and live chat in a professional manner and efficient manner.
- Apply problem-solving skills to generate solutions for internal and external customers.
TECHNICAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 1
Location: Watsonville (Santa Cruz Area)
The Technical Service Representative's role is to assist customers and CSRs with technical information and support on Orion products and other products that Orion sells. To provide technical training for all Customer Service Department staff members.
- Assist customers, within established guidelines to resolve issues and answer questions related to purchased items. This includes, but is not limited to, providing support in resolving warranty and non-warranty product issues, sending replacement parts, product assembly and usage, software installation and support of camera or other component drivers and software. Offer advanced pre-sales support for customers considering a purchase or comparing Orion with other brands and product lines. Requires a cursory knowledge of competing brands.
- Develop and conduct technical meetings and training sessions to enhance the Department's technical knowledge. This includes nighttime training sessions demonstrating the use and features of various products in real-world observing conditions. Also develop and conduct training sessions for weekly Department meetings.
- Identify and properly communicate product issues such as, but not limited to, customer concerns related to instruction manuals, catalog and web copy discrepancies or other product issues to other departments.
- Provide continuous department product training for all CSRs.
- Enter and maintain journals related to customer concerns and corrective action. Keep customer journals current and up to date, resolving journal entries within designated time frame.
- Stay current with the latest developments in the astronomy field and related products.
- Answer phones, support emails and respond to chats within designated time frames.
- Perform within Department standards to meet TSR I goals.
- Submit tech notes for the Orion website for common Customer technical issues.
- PC literacy — Should have a working knowledge of current Windows operating systems and be familiar with hardware settings and driver installation/troubleshooting. Need to be able to operate and describe Orion's software and be able to understand and explain software and hardware install and uninstall processes.
- In-depth product knowledge — Must be able to understand and describe the individual component parts of Orion product. Includes, but not limited to describing out of the box assembly and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on observational astronomy experience
- Communicate verbally in a clear, pleasant tone and manner
- Ability to read and write English
- Complete all departmental forms accurately and neatly
- Accurately enter data into the computer system
- Learn and apply training materials in an effective manner
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, managers, and customers
- Clearly document and resolve customer contacts in the journal system
- Communicate clearly, efficiently and professionally via e-mails, journals, and order memos
- Accurately identify replacement parts to resolve warranty related issues
- Multi-line Phone System
- Telephone Headset
- Windows based PC (MAC experience a plus)
- Computer Printers
- Fax Machine
* Part-Time staff receive Vacation/PTO/Holiday pay and 401K plan