- With the included 32mm Mini Guide Scope and StarShoot Mini 2mp Mono Autoguider, this complete autoguiding solution is ideal for accurate guiding in a lightweight package
- Included StarShoot Mini 2mp Autoguider provides more potential guide star choices with its high-sensitivity Sony IMX 290 sensor
- The 32mm Mini Guidescope makes guide star selection easy, with a wide field of view
- A high-performance autoguiding setup with exceptional sensitivity - 2.9 micron pixels and ~80% quantum efficiency
- The entire assembly weighs just 11 oz.
Keeping excess weight off of your astrophotography setup is always a good thing, and using the Orion StarShoot Mini 2mp Mono Autoguider and 32mm Mini Guide Scope package will definitely help in this regard! Weighing in at only 11 oz. and just 5.7" long, this package is perfect for accurate guiding of any relatively short focal length optically fast imaging telescopes.
The 32mm Mini Guide Scope features a 32mm doublet objective lens with a focal length of 122mm (f/3.8). This will provide a very wide field of view with your guide camera, which means there will be plenty of stars for your guiding software to lock onto and accurately track. The dovetail base slides into most all Orion brand telescope finder shoes and locks securely in place. The 6-point ring adjustment screws allow independent adjustment of the guide scope aim, but with the sensitivity of the included StarShoot Mini 2mp Autoguider Camera, it's doubtful you'll ever have to touch those screws. Focus is achieved by threading the objective lens cell forward and back and then locking down the threaded collar which will preserve the focus from session to session.
The included StarShoot 2mp Mini Autoguider features the Sony IMX 290 12-bit sensor, with 2.9 micron pixels for extremely high resolution guiding. With ~80% Q.E., stars will be visible in any area of the sky you point your guidescope to - no need to readjust the guidescope position to find that "bright" star in lock on to. And with the included 64-bit ASCOM drivers, the StarShoot Mini is fully compatible with most programs on the market, including PHD2 Guiding.
A truly "set-it-and-forget-it" guide scope! Just attach the guide camera and focus it the first evening. Focus shouldn't change between nights, and with such a large field of view you'll never have to hunt for another guide star again!
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only. For complete warranty details contact us at 800-447-1001.
Visit our product support section for instruction manuals and more