- Features a 1/2" format color CMOS imaging chip with a very small 3.2 microns pixel size for exceptional resolution
- Camera sensor features a 2040 x 1528 pixel layout with 3 megapixel resolution, progressive scan imaging uses all pixels for each exposure
- Features a 1.25" nosepiece threaded for 1.25" eyepiece filters so you can enhance your astrophotos easily
- Standard c-mount threads below the 1.25" nozzle, allowing use with wide angle security camera lenses as well as mounting onto many microscopes
- Downloadable software and drivers compatible with Windows. Powered through a high-speed 2.0 or above USB port.
Astrophotography can be great fun, but difficult to get into as a beginner with the high cost of so many of the cameras. Where do you start? Well the easiest place is in our own solar system! The moon and planets are surprisingly accessible without a huge investment in the camera you choose. Saturn's rings, Jupiter's cloud bands, and tiny craters on the moon are all within range at an affordable price.
The Orion StarShoot 3mp Solar System V imaging camera makes capturing lunar and planetary detail with your telescope fun and easy, thanks to the simple software and easy controls. Its 3mp resolution comes courtesy of the Micron MT9T001 1/2 inch format CMOS chip. 2040x1528 pixels and each of those pixels is a mere 3.2Ám in size for fantastic resolution in 24-bit color. And because the 8-bit output is progressive scan, every pixel is used for each exposure. By stacking multiple exposures to create a single picture, the resulting image detail is increased significantly. The exposure range is manually adjustable from 0.001-1 second, allowing for precise exposure, no matter your magnification or scope diameter.
The camera's 1.25" nosepiece is threaded for 1.25" eyepiece filters, so astrophotography filters and color visual filters will enhance your shots. Underneath the 1.25" nozzle is a standard c-mount thread, so the camera is compatible with a wide variety of applications such as attaching security camera lenses, as well as mounting on many microscopes.
A download link for software, compatible with Window 7/8/10, is included. Web links are provided in the manual for downloading popular free image processing software to be used with your files to further enhance your astrophotos. Image processing software allows you to align and stack (combine) hundreds of individual images into a single resultant image and perform additional image processing to bring out subtle details or to make the image appear more pleasing overall. Powered through a high-speed 2.0 or above USB port.
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only. For complete warranty details contact us at 800-447-1001.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
Visit our product support section for instruction manuals and more