- Capture more photographic detail in less time with this fast f/4 imaging powerhouse
- The 10"-class parabolic primary mirror boasts enhanced aluminum coatings on primary and secondary mirror that provide >92% reflectivity
- Big 3" dual-speed linear bearing Crayford focuser is made of machined (not die-cast) aluminum and accepts both 2" and 1.25" accessories
- Accessories include an 8x50 finder scope, hinged tube rings, 2" extension adapter for visual use, and quick-collimation cap. A coma corrector (sold separately) is recommended for optimal flat-field performance.
- Super affordability compared to premium "apo" refractors with half the aperture of this astrophotographic dream scope
For the serious astrophotographer seeking a fast astrograph with immense light-gathering prowess, our 10" f/4 Newtonian Reflector Astrograph should top your wish list. This imaging powerhouse reveals dim objects as astonishingly bright with just minimal exposure times of your DSLR or astronomical camera. Relative to premium refractors of even half its aperture, this 10" scope's affordable price makes it a terrific value.
Our 10" f/4 Newtonian Reflector Astrograph's 250mm (9.8") parabolic primary mirror is made of low-thermal-expansion BK7 glass, which is superior to standard soda-lime glass. The 1000mm focal length is ideal for framing a wide variety of celestial targets! The enhanced aluminum mirror finish has 92% to 95% reflectivity and is coated with a protective layer of SiO2 (quartz). The 88mm minor axis secondary mirror provides excellent full-field illumination with modern cameras, with minimal light drop-off at the edge of APS-C sized sensors. The rear cell features large collimation knobs and a built-in fan to speed cooling of the mirror (requires 8 AA batteries, not included). The mirror is center marked to aid in precise collimation, and a quick-collimation cap is included.
The machined 3" dual-speed (10:1) Crayford focuser boasts a linear bearing design, which adds rigidity to the drawtube to support heavier imaging loads. A steel reinforcing plate directly under the focuser eliminates flexure between it and the tube. The focuser's 2" collar accepts 2" accessories and comes with a 1.25" eyepiece adapter, both with non-marring compression ring clamps. A 2" extension adapter (35mm length) is included for visual observation.
Additional standard accessories include two cast aluminum tube rings, an 8x50 crosshair finder scope, and dust cap. As with any fast Newtonian, a coma corrector (sold separately) is recommended to achieve flat-field imaging performance. Backfocus distance is 92.4mm from the 2" drawtube collar. Weighs 33 lbs., 12 oz.
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only. For complete warranty details contact us at 800-447-1001.
Visit our product support section for instruction manuals and more