- Affordable 8"-class Newtonian telescope optimized for wide-field astrophotography
- The 200mm (7.9") aperture f/4 parabolic primary mirror is made from high-quality BK7 glass with enhanced aluminum coatings to provide >92% reflectivity for bright, vivid images
- Its short focal length and big aperture let you capture more light from deep-sky objects in less time, greatly improving your imaging efficiency
- Compact and lightweight at just 28" long and 16 lbs., can be supported on a mid-sized mount such as the Orion Atlas II EQ-G
- Includes 8x50 finder scope, hinged tube rings, 12V DC cooling accelerator fan, and a quick-collimation cap. A coma corrector (sold separately) is recommended for optimal flat-field performance.
In keeping with our philosophy of offering great astrophotographic gear at affordable prices, check out our 8" f/4.0 Newtonian Reflector Astrograph. For wide field, deep-space imaging performance, this telescope has few rivals. Its big 8" aperture and fast f/4.0 focal ratio allow the capture of faint galaxies and nebulas with short photographic exposure times - and for a fraction of the price that a premium "apo" refractor even half its size would cost.
The Orion 8" f/4.0 Newtonian Reflector Astrograph is perfect for intermediate-level astrophotographers, and a great second telescope for more advanced imagers who want more portability, without sacrificing quality. It excels for capturing bright, detailed images with CCD or DSLR cameras. As with any fast Newtonian reflector, an optional coma corrector is recommended to achieve the sharpest images. With an optional eyepiece, this telescope doubles as a fine visual instrument for studying deep-space wonders.
Weighing only 16 lbs. and just 28" long, this instrument is easily supported on a mid-sized equatorial mount, like our Atlas II EQ-G. The 200mm-aperture parabolic primary mirror is made from low-thermal-expansion BK7 optical glass. Enhanced aluminum mirror coatings with 92% to 95% reflectivity deliver more light to the focuser. A cooling accelerator fan is included on the primary mirror cell for rapid temperature equilibration, to ensure stable images.
We outfitted this telescope with a machined 2" dual-speed (10:1) Crayford focuser that incorporates a linear-track bearing. This advanced focuser design provides superior camera support and eliminates drawtube flexure. Backfocus distance is 83.2mm from the 2" collar. Standard accessories include a pair of hinged tube rings, 8x50 finder scope, 2" extension adapter for visual use, and a quick-collimation cap.
Great telescopes for astrophotography don't have to cost thousands! Get the Orion 8" f/4.0 Newtonian Reflector Astrograph today.
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only. For complete warranty details contact us at 800-447-1001.
Visit our product support section for instruction manuals and more