- Precision-made 150mm (6") parabolic primary mirror reflector telescope with fast 610mm focal length (f/4.1), perfect for visual and astrophotography pursuits
- 2" linear bearing Crayford focuser features a 10:1 fine focus reduction for precise and repeatable focus
- Long 77mm back focus designed for attaching a variety of camera gear including a DSLR and coma corrector
- Compact optical tube only weighs 12.7 lb and is 22.5" long
- Includes 26mm Super Plössl eyepiece, 8x50 finder scope, hinged tube rings, 2" eyepiece extension tube, and Vixen-style dovetail rail
The Meade 6" f/4.1 LX85 Astrograph Reflector optical tube assembly is a compact wide field telescope, with enough aperture to view and photograph a plethora of deep-sky objects. Featuring a fast f/4.1 optical system and parabolic primary mirror, this 6" reflector telescope is perfect for taking high resolution images of the night sky with very short exposures. Weighing in at only 12.7 lb, it fits on most any Vixen compatible Alt-Az or EQ mount.
With a 610mm focal length, pairing this telescope with a DSLR or other astro camera will yield a spectacularly wide field of view, perfect for framing some of those "showpiece" deep-sky objects such as the Andromeda Galaxy and the Orion Nebula. And with the 2" linear bearing Crayford focuser, popping in a low power 2" eyepiece will reveal thrilling views that'll knock your socks off! The focuser features a 10:1 reduction fine focus knob, brass compression rings (so you don't mar the barrel of your eyepieces or camera adapters) and a 2" to 1.25" step down adapter (also with a brass compression ring).
The optical path of the LX85 reflector telescope design
The telescope is designed to reach focus with any DSLR camera, along with a host of other imaging accessories, and the long 77mm back-focus helps ensure compatibility with various equipment. In order to allow visual use as well, a 35mm long 2" diameter eyepiece extension tube is also provided, allowing most all 2" and 1.25" eyepieces to work with the telescope.
Includes a number of accessories such as hinged tube rings and a Vixen-style dovetail rail, 26mm Super Plössl eyepiece, and an 8x50 finder scope.
Depending on the size of your camera sensor, an optional coma corrector is recommended to eliminate the inherent coma in a reflector design. This would prove beneficial when using low power 2" eyepieces, or camera sensors larger than ~4:3 format.
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for two years from date of purchase. This warranty is provided by Meade for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only. For complete warranty details contact Meade at 800-626-3233.
Visit our product support section for instruction manuals and more