- Complete, reliable autoguiding solution for deep-space astrophotography pursuits
- Versatile Orion ShortTube 80 f/5 refractor is ideal for guiding with a wide variety of imaging scopes
- New Orion 120mm guide scope rings and dual-width clamps provide rigid support with instantly-adjustable positioning and aiming for the guide scope
- Includes Orion's StarShoot Autoguider 1.3MP CMOS camera for easy acquisition and lock-on of guide stars, plus a 1.25" extension tube adapter needed to achieve focus
- Clamps mount on Vixen or Losmandy dovetail plates (not included) and have large lock knobs for easy access even with gloves on
We've got a new, better solution for your deep space astrophotography autoguiding needs: the Orion Awesome Autoguider Deluxe Refractor Telescope Package. Combining the newly reissued ShortTube 80 refractor with the StarShoot AutoGuider and new Orion 120mm Guide Scope Rings and Dual-Width Clamps system, this deluxe autoguiding package will ensure you get pinpoint stars in your long-exposure astrophotographs every time.
This is the perfect autoguiding solution for deep sky imaging, whether your main imaging instrument is a refractor, reflector, or Cassegrain. Here is a breakdown of what's included with the Awesome Autoguider Deluxe Refractor Telescope Package.
Orion ShortTube 80 Refractor Telescope Optical Tube Assembly Our popular ShortTube 80 is back! With a focal length of 400mm (f/5), it provides a wide field-of-view, making guide star acquisition a breeze. Its all-metal focuser with drawtube lock provides rigid support for the autoguider camera. A dovetail shoe molded into the focuser accepts optional Orion finder scopes.
Orion StarShoot AutoGuider The Orion StarShoot AutoGuider tracks selected guide stars and communicates with your equatorial mount to keep stars pinpoint sharp during long exposures. Its 1/2" format CMOS monochrome chip has 5.2µ square pixels for excellent sensitivity and highly accurate guiding.
Orion 120mm Guide Scope Rings with Dual-Width Clamps This solid guide scope mounting system features a pair of aluminum rings with a 120mm (4.7") inside diameter, each outfitted with three plastic-tipped metal thumbscrews for adjusting the aim of the guide scope. Each ring is mounted on a machined aluminum dovetail clamp that sports two grooves to accommodate either Vixen or Losmandy style dovetail plates (sold separately).
1.25" Orion Extension Tube An anodized aluminum extension tube provides the needed back focus distance for focus of guide stars. An anodized aluminum extension tube provides the needed back focus distance for focus of guide stars.
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only. For complete warranty details contact us at 800-447-1001.
Visit our product support section for instruction manuals and more