- This wonderfully capable equatorial reflector telescope gives beginning stargazers an exciting look at the many jewels of the night sky
- Its 114mm (4.5") parabolic mirror and 500mm focal length provide sharp, wide-field views of the lunar surface, Saturn's rings, and deep-sky gems like the Lagoon and Orion nebulas and the Andromeda galaxy
- The sturdy EQ3-class equatorial mount and aluminum tripod is a big upgrade from the mounts that comparable telescopes on the market come with
- Two quality 1.25" Plossl eyepieces are included: a 25mm for low-power views at 20x, and a 10mm for getting in tight at 50x. You also get a "red dot" finder scope.
- Highly portable: the optical tube can be removed from the mount quickly via the dovetail mounting system and carried separately.
Things that can end up discouraging first-time telescope users: small aperture severely limits what you can see, a wimpy mount makes the image shaky, and cheap eyepieces make the image blurry. Well lucky for you, none of those problems apply to the Orion Observer 114mm EQ Reflector telescope. Quite the opposite, in fact.
This family friendly telescope boasts a big 114mm (4.5") parabolic primary mirror, which collects some two and a half times more light than a 60mm refractor, the most ubiquitous "starter" telescope. That means you'll see more celestial objects and in greater detail. The mirror's 500mm focal length serves up a wide field of view, delivering bright, sharp images of the lunar surface, Saturn's rings, and deep-sky denizens like the Lagoon and Orion nebulas and the Andromeda galaxy.
Unlike most similarly sized telescopes on the market, the Observer 114mm EQ Reflector includes a beefy EQ3-class equatorial mount rather than the less robust EQ1 mount. This means you'll enjoy steadier images. With its dovetail mounting saddle, you can pop the optical tube on or off quickly, for easy setup and transport. The optical tube is held in a pair of tube rings, which can be quickly loosened to allow you to rotate the tube for comfortable focuser orientation. Dual slow-motion cables let you track objects manually to keep them centered in the eyepiece.
Speaking of eyepieces, two quality 1.25" Plossl eyepieces are included - another upgrade from the typical eyepieces supplied with most starter telescopes. A 25mm Plossl provides low-power views at 20x, and a 10mm gets in tight at 50x. Both eyepieces feature multi-coatings for great light transmission and are threaded for optional Orion filters. The 1.25" rack and pinion focuser lets you dial in the perfect focus. A non-magnifying "red dot" finder scope is also included to help you locate your target object.
The whole setup weighs just over 16 lbs., so it's a breeze to carry out to the back yard when the stars come out.
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only. For complete warranty details contact us at 800-447-1001.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
Visit our product support section for instruction manuals and more