- This wonderfully capable equatorial reflector telescope gives serious beginning and intermediate stargazers an exciting look at the many wonders of the night sky
- Its 134mm (5.3") parabolic mirror and 650mm focal length provide sharp, wide-field views of the lunar surface, Saturn's rings, and deep-sky all-stars like the Lagoon and Orion nebulas and the Andromeda galaxy
- The sturdy EQ3-class equatorial mount and aluminum tripod provide solid support and allow slow-motion manual tracking of celestial objects as they move across the night sky
- Two quality 1.25" Plossl eyepieces are included: a 25mm for low-power views at 26x, and a 10mm for getting in tight at 65x. You also get a 6x30 finder scope
- Nicely portable: the optical tube can be removed from the mount quickly via the dovetail mounting system and carried separately
Whether you're interested in solo stargazing or have a family eager to discover "what's up" in the night sky, the Orion Observer 134mm EQ Reflector Telescope will give you a solid start on your astronomical adventures.
With its 134mm (5.3") parabolic primary mirror and 650mm focal length (f/4.9), this telescope provides a wide field of view for bright, sharp images of the lunar surface, Saturn's rings, and deep-sky all-stars like the Lagoon and Orion nebulas and the Andromeda galaxy, just for starters. There's myriad more objects this capable backyard telescope can reveal for the serious beginning astro enthusiast.
The Observer 134mm EQ Reflector Telescope's optical tube is supported on a beefy EQ3 class equatorial mount with adjustable aluminum tripod and roomy accessory tray. With its Vixen-style dovetail mounting saddle, you can pop the optical tube on or off quickly, for easy setup and transport. The optical tube is cradled in a pair of felt-lined tube rings, which can be quickly loosened to allow you to rotate the tube for comfortable focuser orientation depending on where the tube is pointed. Dual slow-motion cables let you track objects manually to keep them centered in the eyepiece's field of view.
And speaking of eyepieces, two quality 1.25" Plossl eyepieces are included: a 25mm for low-power views at 26x magnification, and a 10mm for getting in tight at 65x. Both eyepieces feature anti-reflection coatings for exceptional light transmission and their barrels are threaded to accept optional Orion filters. The precision rack and pinion focuser lets you dial in the perfect focus every time. Rounding out the accessory set is a 6x30 crosshair finder scope to help you locate and center your target of interest.
The whole setup weighs just over 18 lbs. That's hefty enough to provide steady images even in a breeze, but light enough to comfortably carry out to the back yard when the stars come out.
Get the Observer 134mm Equatorial Reflector Telescope today.
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only. For complete warranty details contact us at 800-447-1001.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
Visit our product support section for instruction manuals and more