- Massive 100mm ED (extra-low dispersion) objective lenses, coupled with 20x magnification
- 5mm exit pupil (100mm/20x) provides a brighter image on extended deep-sky objects compared with a 25x100 binocular
- Fully multi-coated optics and BAK-4 prisms coupled with well baffled interiors provide extremely high contrast and sharp images
- Long 20mm eye relief lets eyeglass wearers see an unrestricted field of view without removing their corrective lenses
- Weighs 9.2 lbs and features a rubberized exterior for a comfortable and solid grip
Based on the popularity and success of our smaller 80mm ED GiantView binoculars, we wanted to develop something even larger and more impressive. The Orion GiantView ED 20x100 Waterproof Astronomy Binoculars are the fruits of that labor! Massive 100mm fully multi-coated lenses pull in faint light from the night sky, and the ED (extra-low dispersion) glass lenses produce a high contrast and tact sharp image with minimal false color. Scanning the Milky Way to discovering hidden gems is what these binoculars were built for! But of course, they are also excellent for long distance daytime viewing as well.
20x magnification eyepieces really help to pull in distant targets, and with a 5mm exit pupil you can see a brighter view of extended objects in the night sky (such as nebulae and galaxies) compared with a similar aperture binoculars with only a 4mm exit pupil. Having that larger exit pupil really helps optimize these binoculars for deep-sky viewing!
An eye-relief of 20mm means even if you wear glasses, you'll be able to see the entire 3.3° field of view without taking those glasses off. BaK-4 prisms and internal baffling help ensure top notch optical quality. And the all-metal binocular housing is rock solid, with a tripod pier mounting post and rod that also doubles as an objective lens cross-bridge to hold the optical elements solidly in place. Rubberized surface coverings provide a comfortable and non-slip grip.
The tripod mounting bar clamps to the central support rod and attaches securely to a standard photographic tripod. Note that these binoculars weigh 9.2 lbs., so a solid and well-made photo tripod or parallelogram mount is highly recommended! Includes lens caps, tripod pier adapter, and a hard carrying case with foam cutouts to securely protect your giant binocular.
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only. For complete warranty details contact us at 800-447-1001.
Visit our product support section for instruction manuals and more