- Sturdy EQ-26 mount provides a robust equatorial support system for medium-sized telescopes weighing up to 26 lbs.
- Integrated right ascension and declination stepper motors provide sidereal tracking as well as slewing up to 800x sidereal and precision electronic centering via dual-axis hand controller
- Vixen-style dovetail saddle provides quick attachment and removal of any telescope with compatible dovetail mounting bar
- Stainless steel tube-leg tripod features a spreader brace/accessory tray and built-in polar alignment scope
- Requires 12V, 5A power supply (sold separately); includes DC cigarette-lighter style power cable
Upgrade your equatorial mount to one that is fully motorized for tracking, slewing, and precision centering of celestial objects you want to view. The Orion EQ-26 Motorized Equatorial Mount and Tripod is an ideal choice, supporting up to 26 lbs. of telescope payload. So it's ideal for exploring the heavens with a medium-sized reflector, refractor, or Cassegrain optical tube.
Integrated dual stepper motors allow sidereal-rate tracking as well as quiet slewing up to 800x sidereal and slow-speed, precision centering of objects in your telescope's field of view. Electronic control of the mount is conducted with the included dual-axis hand controller. It features R.A. and Dec. directional buttons and slew speed adjustment buttons, plus a North or South hemisphere switch. The mount requires an external 12-volt, 5-amp power supply (sold separately). A DC cigarette-lighter style cable is provided to connect the mount (via the hand controller) to the power supply.
The EQ-26 Motorized Equatorial Mount and Tripod has a Vixen-style dovetail saddle that allows quick attachment and removal of optical tubes equipped with a Vixen-style dovetail mounting bar. Dual setting circles let you home in on celestial objects by their celestial coordinates. This sturdy mount is supported by a stainless steel, extendable tripod with 1.75"-diameter tube legs and a cast-metal spreader — which doubles as an accessory tray — for added stability.
To aid in precision polar alignment, the EQ-26 has a built-in polar scope. The polar scope's reticle can be used to polar align in both the Northern and Southern hemispheres. The mount's azimuth and latitude adjustment knobs also help with fine positioning for polar alignment.
The sturdy EQ-26 Motorized Equatorial Mount and Tripod includes two 5.75-lb. counterweights and a beefy 20mm-diameter counterweight shaft. Weight of the mount and tripod without the counterweights is 19.5 lbs. Saddle height range is 36" (legs retracted) to 49" (legs extended).
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only. For complete warranty details contact us at 800-447-1001.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
Visit our product support section for instruction manuals and more