- Heavy-duty altazimuth mount head loaded with great features and functionality
- Holds massive binoculars, small telescopes and spotting scopes, either using a Vixen dovetail rail, or 1/4"-20 threaded socket
- Weighs just 11 lbs., yet hold equipment up to 25 lbs., depending on the stability of the tripod used underneath the U-Mount
- No counterweights necessary as equipment is always balanced at the center of gravity, no matter where the mount is pointed
- Solid aluminum alloy construction, with low friction bearings and adjustable tension control in both axes
This isn't your ordinary altazimuth mount head. The Orion U-Mount offers a very solid platform for your large binocular, small telescope or even spotting scope, whether you are star gazing or viewing terrestrial objects. It boasts some key feature distinctions which make it stand out from the crowd. No matter where your telescope or binocular is pointed, the U-Mount always keeps your equipment balanced, yielding incredibly stable views. The swept-back side arms allow equipment to point at any angle from just below the horizon to all the way up to 90 degree elevation, as well as full 360 degree azimuth rotation.
Any telescope which utilizes the standard Vixen dovetail rail can clamp to the U-Mount, and we've even included a 1/4"-20 adapter, so binoculars and spotting scopes which use the standard tripod mounting socket on the bottom will also attach. On the bottom of the U-Mount itself, you'll find a 3/8"-16 socket, along with a 1/4"-20 insert, so the U-Mount can attach to virtually all photographic tripods, provided your tripod can hold the weight of the U-Mount plus the equipment you've attached.
The Orion U-Mount is made of very solid aluminum and provides smooth and confident motion in both altitude (up/down) and azimuth (left/right) axes, thanks to the quality of the low friction bearing surfaces. Tension can be adjusted in both axes, and because of the solid aluminum build quality, the U-Mount can hold an incredible amount of weight. Try attaching even our biggest binoculars such as the Orion BT-100, and you'll be amazed at the stability provided by the U-Mount. The U-Mount can hold up to 25 lbs., yet only weighs 11 lbs. itself!
Day or night, the versatile Orion U-Mount performs with stability and precision. Get one for your favorite grab-and-go telescope or binocular!
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only. For complete warranty details contact us at 800-447-1001.
Visit our product support section for instruction manuals and more