- This wonderfully capable equatorial refractor telescope gives beginning stargazers an exciting look at solar system favorites and beyond
- Its 90mm (3.5") lens optics and 900mm focal length excel for stunning views of the lunar surface, Saturn's rings, and bright deep-sky gems like Great Hercules Cluster
- The sturdy EQ3-class equatorial mount and aluminum tripod is a big upgrade from the mounts that comparable telescopes on the market come with
- Two quality 1.25" Plossl eyepieces are included: a 25mm for low-power views at 36x, and a 10mm for getting in tight at 90x
- Highly portable: the optical tube can be removed from the mount quickly via the dovetail mounting system and carried separately.
Beginning skywatchers looking for a low maintenance telescope that can serve up vivid, sharp images of the Moon, planets, and brighter deep-space objects need look no further than the Orion Observer 90mm Equatorial Refractor. A great telescope for the whole family, the Observer 90 EQ's fully antireflection coated 90mm-diameter (3.5") front lens boasts strong magnifying power. With the included 25mm and 10mm Plossl eyepieces you will view distant worlds in high-contrast detail at 36x and 90x! Jupiter's cloud bands are easily discerned, as are all four of its major moons. Saturn's rings, sharp and dazzling. And the lunar surface teems with craters and mountains in rugged relief.
While the Observer 90 EQ excels at lunar and planetary observing, it can also provide great views of many more-distant objects. At 36x the Orion Nebula exhibits the four Trapezium stars as perfect blue pinpoints surrounded by greenish gas. Pop in the 10mm eyepiece to boost the power to 90x and - wow! - The nebulosity spans nearly the entire eyepiece field of view! In the summer sky the Great Hercules Star Cluster (M13) starts to resolve into tiny stellar pinpoints.
The Observer 90 EQ features a 1.25" rack-and-pinion focuser for dialing in the sharpest view. A 90-degree star diagonal inserted in the focuser provides a comfortable viewing angle. The 6x30 crosshair finder scope helps you locate your targets.
The Observer's sturdy equatorial mount can be quickly polar-aligned to allow easy "tracking" of celestial objects as they move slowly across the sky, using just one of the two slow-motion knobs. Use both to center objects in the telescope's field of view. The extendable aluminum tripod provides solid support, and has an accessory tray to keep your extra eyepiece and Barlow within easy reach.
The telescope weighs under 17 lbs. total, including the easily removable counterweight, so it's easy to take outside for impromptu observing sessions.
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only. For complete warranty details contact us at 800-447-1001.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
Visit our product support section for instruction manuals and more