- Sturdy and stable astronomy binocular mount makes binocular viewing sessions comfortable by eliminating arm strain and shakiness
- Mount allows you to raise and lower the attached pair of binoculars while staying fixed on a target, a wonderful feature when two or more people of varying height are observing together
- Features a sliding counterweight for balance, Orion Paragon XHD tripod with graduated marks and leg-locks for easily repeatable setup, a sturdy L-adapter for binocular attachment, and a pinch-free design to save your fingers!
- Includes an L-adapter for attaching binoculars equipped with a forward facing 1/4-20 tripod threaded hole. NOTE - binoculars with a downward facing sliding adapter permanently mounted to a center shaft between the two barrels will require the 7589 Orion Binocular Mount Adapter, sold separately.
- Amazing range! Maximum mounted binocular height is 7' 7", minimum height is 2' 7". Weighs 19.8 lbs assembled
Stargazing with big binoculars is an idyllic pleasure, but trying to hold heavy astronomical binoculars steady in your hands is a challenge, to say the least. Using a standard tripod is a big help, but height limitations of most field tripods can lead to uncomfortable viewing and shaky images. Luckily, our Orion Paragon-Plus Binocular Mount can provide any big binocular fan with precision and comfort for hour after hour of two-eyed touring of the heavens. It's a parallelogram-style mount that comes complete with our sturdiest professional field tripod, the rock-solid Paragon-Plus XHD (less pan head), for one very attractive price. The mount's silky smooth motion provides relaxing views for hours on end with binoculars as large as 80mm in aperture. It eliminates arm strain and shakiness, and allows you to aim your binocular high overhead, even to the zenith, while you stand or sit comfortably underneath. Ahhh! No more arm and shoulder strain from holding up those big binoculars for extended views!
What's more, you can raise and lower the Paragon-Plus parallelogram-style mount and attached binoculars while staying fixed on a target, a wonderful feature when two or more people of varying height are observing together. Using the Paragon-Plus is a great way for the whole family to enjoy stable views through a great pair of big astronomical binoculars.
Solidly constructed of aluminum, the Orion Paragon-Plus Binocular Mount and Tripod features a sliding counterweight to ensure perfect balance and a sturdy L-adapter for attaching virtually any tripod-adaptable binoculars. Any binocular with at least 1 3/8" (35mm) of space around the tripod adapter port will work with this heavy-duty binocular mount.
The maximum binocular height is 7' 7" when installed on the Paragon-Plus, and the minimum height is 2' 7". The tripod and binocular mount each come fully assembled. The Paragon XHD extra heavy-duty tripod features leg lock clamps and graduated leg markings for quick, easy and conveniently repeatable setup in the field.
The included binocular L-bracket on the top of this parallelogram is compatible with binoculars that use a ¼-20 threaded mounting socket between the eyepiece barrels that faces forward (parallel to the binocular optics). If your binocular has a downward facing sliding adapter permanently mounted to a center shaft between the two barrels (common in many giant 80mm or larger binoculars), you will need the #7589 Orion Binocular Mount Adapter (sold separately) to replace the L-bracket attached to the top of the Parallelogram.
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only. For complete warranty details contact us at 800-447-1001.
Visit our product support section for instruction manuals and more