- Specialized mount holds heavy binoculars up to 80mm to eliminate arm strain and shakiness for viewing comfort
- Features sliding counterweight for balancing the mounted binocular
- Compatible with any field or photography tripod (without pan head) that has a 1/4" or 3/8" threaded post
- Includes an L-adapter for attaching binoculars equipped with a forward facing 1/4-20 tripod threaded hole. NOTE - binoculars with a downward facing sliding adapter permanently mounted to a center shaft between the two barrels will require the 7589 Orion Binocular Mount Adapter, sold separately.
- Weighs 12.6 lbs. Tripod sold separately
Stargazing with binoculars is an idyllic pleasure. All the more so with Orion's Paragon-Plus Binocular Mount.
This parallelogram-style mount's silky smooth motion provides relaxing viewing for hours on end with binoculars as large as 80mm in aperture. It eliminates arm strain and shakiness, and allows you to aim your binocular high overhead, even to the zenith, while you stand or sit comfortably underneath. Ahhh!
What's more, you can raise and lower the binoculars while staying fixed on a target, a wonderful feature when two or more people are observing together.
Solidly constructed of aluminum, the mount features a sliding counterweight for perfect balance and an L-adapter for attaching virtually any tripod-adaptable binoculars. Any binocular with at least 1 3/8" (35mm) of space around the tripod adapter port will work with this heavy-duty binocular mount.
Maximum binocular height is 7' 7". The tripod and binocular mount each come fully assembled. For use with Orion 80mm Astro-Binoculars, adapter (7589) is required to couple the binocular's integrated 1/4"-20 post to the binocular mount. Compatible with virtually any heavy-duty field tripod (without pan head) that has 1/4" or 3/8" threaded post. Mount comes fully assembled. Weighs 12.6 lbs.
The included binocular L-bracket on the top of this parallelogram is compatible with binoculars that use a ¼-20 threaded mounting socket between the eyepiece barrels that faces forward (parallel to the binocular optics). If your binocular has a downward facing sliding adapter permanently mounted to a center shaft between the two barrels (common in many giant 80mm or larger binoculars), you will need the #7589 Orion Binocular Mount Adapter (sold separately) to replace the L-bracket attached to the top of the Parallelogram.
Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only. For complete warranty details contact us at 800-447-1001.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
Visit our product support section for instruction manuals and more