Orion Telescopes & Binoculars is continually growing, and we're always on the lookout for qualified applicants to join our team! As the leading direct-to-consumer brand of outdoor optics, Orion is an exciting place to work. Our headquarters are located in beautiful Santa Cruz County on the Central California coast, just 20 miles south of Silicon Valley and 75 miles south of San Francisco. Orion employees enjoy a comfortable, stimulating working environment. The atmosphere is cooperative, team-oriented, and casual yet professional. Orion offers a competitive compensation & benefits package.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 1
Part-Time: 15 - 25 hours per week
Orion Telescopes & Binoculars is a 40-year-old consumer product company selling branded, technical products via our website, catalog, and our company-owned store and through a wholesale network that distributes to dealers around the world.
This is an ideal position for an individual seeking part-time employment within the Monterey Bay area:
This position provides the basic aspects of sales and customer service. Responsibilities include:
- Answering customer calls, email and live chat requests/questions.
- Assisting customers with product selection, processing orders on-line, data entry and assuring that customer issues are resolved.
- Providing customers with basic order history, billing, and shipping information.
Qualified applicant should have:
- Strong written/verbal communication and problem solving skills required.
- Previous retail sales/customer service experience, preferred.
- Ability to accurately enter data into the computer system.
DEALER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE 1
Part-Time: 20 hours per week
We are looking for a part-time Dealer Support Representative 1 to work within our Wholesale Sales department. The role of this position is to provide the Domestic & International dealers and wholesale staff a full range of administrative, shipping logistics and sales support.
- Process (batch) wholesale/dealer orders (via telephone, fax, email, or potentially internet). Assist Partners with product selections and actively recommend additional products.
- Complete and resolve wholesale service/support issues (RMA, shipping, replacement parts, etc.) promptly and accurately.
- Take and process (batch) Amazon Wholesale orders via Capella and Amazon Vendor Central
- Determine allocation between Amazon, Direct and Wholesale
- Check for Sku ASIN and Pricing accuracy
- Prepare and communicate results of daily Amazon totals
- Create and Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for various Wholesale tasks
- Provide fast, efficient, and accurate wholesale administrative support for all matters pertaining to existing accounts, potential accounts (as directed), and other department matters that may be assigned from time to time.
- Manage and communicate Scene7 Dealer Asset portal
- Preparation and submittal eBay file exchange daily responses; end of week eBay reverse lookup to identify discrepancies
- Manage wholesale/dealer/eBay/Buy.com product allocation
- Place follow up telephone calls/ emails to domestic and international accounts thanking them for their orders and advising them of ship dates, tracking numbers, and backorder information.
- Provide administrative support such as correspondence, ship quote, package preparation, mailing, ship batch preparation, and other functions that may be requested by department management and sales personnel.
- Maintain accurate and current wholesale records in Capella (internal database system)
- Expedite new dealer applications and follow up wholesale set up.
- Perform other support and administrative tasks that may be assigned by department management.
- Takes ownership to resolve issues
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively
- Proven intermediate level competence in computer applications and database (ex. Capella/ERP system, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, etc.).
- Existing product knowledge and/or aptitude and interest in quickly learning about the Orion product lines
- A high level of enthusiasm for Orion products and the Orion wholesale programs.
- Understanding of retail store concepts and operations.
- Maintain and express a positive, sales growth oriented attitude.
- High attention-to-detail
- Proven ability to prioritize responsibilities to meet departmental and corporate objectives
- Positive customer service attitude
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Standard Microsoft Word Processing
- Operation of standard office equipment
EXECUTIVE, ADMINISTRATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES SERVICES COORDINATOR
Under minimal supervision and acting on own initiative and direction, provide moderately complex
analytical, project-oriented, administrative, financial, and clerical support to relieve and assist
the President, Human Resource Manager and other executives/managers as needed. Work may
be of a critical or confidential nature requiring a strong working knowledge of departmental and
company practices, policies, programs and product lines.
- Independently research assigned problems, determining method of research, data and information requirements as well as analysis techniques; compile and analyze data; prepare reports
- Organizes and prioritizes information and tasks relating to Administrative/Company/Legal requirements
- Takes ownership of recording minutes of general meetings, committee meetings, and other events as needed
- Answers routine mail and inquiries, executes follow-up to ensure appropriate action is taken
- Tactfully handles inquiries and transfers calls and e-mail messages to appropriate party
- Coordinates Board of Directors meetings as requested
- Contacts company personnel at all levels to gather information and prepare reports; may act as coordinator of departmental projects, following up on pending details, coordinating team activities, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Manages Vacation calendar on shared drive, makes appointments and coordinates activities between departments and outside parties
- Coordinates a variety of services/tasks to support the general well-being of the company
- Maintains and/or creates Administrative records and filing systems
- Maintains and updates/creates procedures for Administrative Assistant Procedures & Information Manual
- Monitors the Sci-Fi Lending Library Checkout; continuously adds new selections to library while balancing costs
- Participates in company Function and Safety committees
- Helps coordinate employee functions
- Supports Director of Human Resources in various human resources functions as needed, and specifically in the following ways:
- Handles Company donations
- Mails and ships correspondence and items for Management staff
- Independently arranges and orchestrates all company business and travel plans for Orion staff as needed; researches best travels deals and makes decisions regarding best plan of action on travel plans.
- Coordinates Employee Discount program
- Coordinates Employee Check-Out Program and maintains intranet updates of product checked out by staff.
- Composes, prepares, edits, and proofreads letters, reports and other correspondence
- Independently compile and analyze data and prepare reports for financial reporting, as needed
- Responsible for all non-product related purchasing; continually researching cost comparisons to find the best deal; negotiating contracts, and ensuring appropriate supplies are kept up
- Develops, manages, and improves standard operating procedures that promote efficiency, cost-effectiveness, control of inventory and quality of products
- Manage company contract library/tracking system.
- Actively initiates and be involved in change for the purpose of continuous improvement
- Responsible for expenses in conjunction with budget for areas of responsibility
- Represent the best interests of the company
- Special projects as required
- Minimum 3-5 years prior administrative support, or equivalent combination of advanced business school training and job-related experience
- Advanced word processing skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Work with the highest degree of confidentiality
- Project a professional and friendly attitude
- Possess a tactful and discreet demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels inside and outside of the company
- Type a minimum of 60 wpm
- Experience in PC operations
- Internet Search Expertise
- Ability to work independently from written/verbal instructions
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to take ownership of responsibilities
TECHNICAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE 1
To assist customers and CSRs with technical information and support on Orion products and other products that Orion sells. To provide technical training for all Customer Service Department staff members.
- Assist customers, within established guidelines to resolve issues and answer questions related to purchased items. This includes, but is not limited to, providing support in resolving warranty and non-warranty product issues, sending replacement parts, product assembly and usage, software installation and support of camera or other component drivers and software. Offer advanced pre-sales support for customers considering a purchase or comparing Orion with other brands and product lines. Requires a cursory knowledge of competing brands
- Develop and conduct technical meetings and training sessions to enhance the Department's technical knowledge. This includes nighttime training sessions demonstrating the use and features of various products in real-world observing conditions. Also develop and conduct training sessions for weekly Department meetings
- Identify and properly communicate product issues such as, but not limited to, customer concerns related to instruction manuals, catalog and web copy discrepancies or other product issues to other departments
- Provide continuous department product training for all CSRs
- Enter and maintain journals related to customer concerns and corrective action. Keep
customer journals current and up to date, resolving journal entries within designated time frame
- Stay current with the latest developments in the astronomy field and related products
- Answer phones, support emails and respond to chats within designated time frames
- Perform within Department standards to meet TSR I goals
- Submit tech notes for the Orion web-site for common Customer technical issues
- PC literacy - Should have a working knowledge of current Windows operating systems and be familiar with hardware settings and driver installation/troubleshooting. Need to be able to operate and describe Orion's software and be able to understand and explain software and hardware install and uninstall processes
- In-depth product knowledge - Must be able to understand and describe the individual component parts of Orion product. Includes, but not limited to describing out of the box assembly and troubleshooting
- Hands-on observational astronomy experience
- Communicate verbally in a clear, pleasant tone and manner
- Ability to read and write English
- Complete all departmental forms accurately and neatly
- Accurately enter data into the computer system
- Learn and apply training materials in an effective manner
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, managers, and customers
- Clearly document and resolve customer contacts in the journal system
- Communicate clearly, efficiently and professionally via e-mails, journals, and order memos
- Accurately identify replacement parts to resolve warranty related issues
- Multi-line Phone System
- Telephone Headset
- Windows based PC (MAC experience a plus)
- Computer Printers
- Fax Machine
Job Objective: (Purpose for position)
To assist in shipping, handling, and receiving operations. Will work under close supervision and guidance from Receiving Supervisor and Shipping Supervisor to complete the required job functions and tasks.
- Load and unload merchandise to and from trucks, shelving, floor, pallets, etc.
- Pull merchandise for ship batches
- Combine items to make complete units for shipping
- Input shipping and item information into computer using keyboard
- General Maintenance
- Maintain security of the warehouse at all times
- May be assigned other tasks as needed to accomplish the goals of the department and company
- Prior experience with shipping/receiving preferred
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs.
- Ability to proficiently use a computer, keyboard, and mouse
- Ability to read weight scales
* Part-Time staff receive Vacation/PTO/Holiday pay and 401K plan