Orion Telescopes & Binoculars is continually growing, and we're always on the lookout for qualified applicants to join our team! As the leading direct-to-consumer brand of outdoor optics, Orion is an exciting place to work. Our headquarters are located in beautiful Santa Cruz County on the Central California coast, just 20 miles south of Silicon Valley and 75 miles south of San Francisco. Orion employees enjoy a comfortable, stimulating working environment. The atmosphere is cooperative, team-oriented, and casual yet professional. Orion offers a competitive compensation & benefits package.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK
Part-Time: 15-20 hours per week
Assist the department in performance of general accounting functions, including monitoring, analyzing and preventing fraud/loss activity. Perform clerical accounts receivable tasks, including AVS processes, processing dealer invoices, daily mail-orders, and monitor COFACE dealer AR underwriting activity.
- 1. Accounts Receivable Invoicing Process:
- Print, verify and e-mail Dealer invoices
- 2. Payments & Collections:
- Process & posting of daily mail-orders
- Funds Authentication of mail-order checks
- Transact ZON device
- Create and Review Dealer agings, and follow-up on past dues
- De-activate unqualified dealers in coordinated effort with Dealer Sales group
- COFACE processing of new eligible dealer, renew existing dealers limits and identify monthly for credit line reporting
- 3. Fraud/Loss Analysis:
- Process AVS reports, as required
- Identify and utilize available external resources to effectively manage internal order verification processes
- Maintain historical data of fraudulent order activity including cumulative fraud losses as a percent of sales, historical trends, resolved/not resolved metrics, and quantitatively track the effectiveness of specific fraud prevention processes
- Periodically review current procedures company-wide to identify deficiencies related to fraud/loss prevention and recommend changes
- Periodically sample order/sales approval activity for internal compliance with fraud/loss prevention procedures; track and report results to management
- 4. Refunds Processed:
- Verify validity of refund
- Processing credit card refunds
- Processing check refunds
- File refund report
- 5. Miscellaneous:
- Daily cash balance entry of refund checks
- Ability to perform a multitude of accounting tasks consistently and accurately
- Ability to perform thorough and accurate analytical research
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to meet and maintain deadlines
- Three to five years' experience in performing accounts receivable functions of increasing responsibility
- Must be computer literate and proficient in spreadsheet and word-processing software
Required Knowledge of Equipment:
- Computer, keyboard, mouse
- Ten-Key Calculator
- Laser Printer
- Dot Matrix Printer
- Multi-line Phone System
- Postage Machine
- Other tasks as assigned to accomplish the goals of the department and company.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 1
Part-Time: 15 - 25 hours per week
Orion Telescopes & Binoculars is a 40-year-old consumer product company selling branded, technical products via our website, catalog, and our company-owned store and through a wholesale network that distributes to dealers around the world.
This is an ideal position for an individual seeking part-time employment within the Monterey Bay area:
This position provides the basic aspects of sales and customer service. Responsibilities include:
- Answering customer calls, email and live chat requests/questions.
- Assisting customers with product selection, processing orders on-line, data entry and assuring that customer issues are resolved.
- Providing customers with basic order history, billing, and shipping information.
Qualified applicant should have:
- Strong written/verbal communication and problem solving skills required.
- Previous retail sales/customer service experience, preferred.
- Ability to accurately enter data into the computer system.
DEALER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE 1
Part-Time: 20 hours per week
We are looking for a part-time Dealer Support Representative 1 to work within our Wholesale Sales department. The role of this position is to provide the Domestic & International dealers and wholesale staff a full range of administrative, shipping logistics and sales support.
- Process (batch) wholesale/dealer orders (via telephone, fax, email, or potentially internet). Assist Partners with product selections and actively recommend additional products.
- Complete and resolve wholesale service/support issues (RMA, shipping, replacement parts, etc.) promptly and accurately.
- Take and process (batch) Amazon Wholesale orders via Capella and Amazon Vendor Central
- Determine allocation between Amazon, Direct and Wholesale
- Check for Sku ASIN and Pricing accuracy
- Prepare and communicate results of daily Amazon totals
- Create and Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for various Wholesale tasks
- Provide fast, efficient, and accurate wholesale administrative support for all matters pertaining to existing accounts, potential accounts (as directed), and other department matters that may be assigned from time to time.
- Manage and communicate Scene7 Dealer Asset portal
- Preparation and submittal eBay file exchange daily responses; end of week eBay reverse lookup to identify discrepancies
- Manage wholesale/dealer/eBay/Buy.com product allocation
- Place follow up telephone calls/ emails to domestic and international accounts thanking them for their orders and advising them of ship dates, tracking numbers, and backorder information.
- Provide administrative support such as correspondence, ship quote, package preparation, mailing, ship batch preparation, and other functions that may be requested by department management and sales personnel.
- Maintain accurate and current wholesale records in Capella (internal database system)
- Expedite new dealer applications and follow up wholesale set up.
- Perform other support and administrative tasks that may be assigned by department management.
- Takes ownership to resolve issues
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively
- Proven intermediate level competence in computer applications and database (ex. Capella/ERP system, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, etc.).
- Existing product knowledge and/or aptitude and interest in quickly learning about the Orion product lines
- A high level of enthusiasm for Orion products and the Orion wholesale programs.
- Understanding of retail store concepts and operations.
- Maintain and express a positive, sales growth oriented attitude.
- High attention-to-detail
- Proven ability to prioritize responsibilities to meet departmental and corporate objectives
- Positive customer service attitude
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Standard Microsoft Word Processing
- Operation of standard office equipment
TECHNICAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE 1
To assist customers and CSRs with technical information and support on Orion products and other products that Orion sells. To provide technical training for all Customer Service Department staff members.
- Assist customers, within established guidelines to resolve issues and answer questions related to purchased items. This includes, but is not limited to, providing support in resolving warranty and non-warranty product issues, sending replacement parts, product assembly and usage, software installation and support of camera or other component drivers and software. Offer advanced pre-sales support for customers considering a purchase or comparing Orion with other brands and product lines. Requires a cursory knowledge of competing brands
- Develop and conduct technical meetings and training sessions to enhance the Department's technical knowledge. This includes nighttime training sessions demonstrating the use and features of various products in real-world observing conditions. Also develop and conduct training sessions for weekly Department meetings
- Identify and properly communicate product issues such as, but not limited to, customer concerns related to instruction manuals, catalog and web copy discrepancies or other product issues to other departments
- Provide continuous department product training for all CSRs
- Enter and maintain journals related to customer concerns and corrective action. Keep
customer journals current and up to date, resolving journal entries within designated time frame
- Stay current with the latest developments in the astronomy field and related products
- Answer phones, support emails and respond to chats within designated time frames
- Perform within Department standards to meet TSR I goals
- Submit tech notes for the Orion web-site for common Customer technical issues
- PC literacy - Should have a working knowledge of current Windows operating systems and be familiar with hardware settings and driver installation/troubleshooting. Need to be able to operate and describe Orion's software and be able to understand and explain software and hardware install and uninstall processes
- In-depth product knowledge - Must be able to understand and describe the individual component parts of Orion product. Includes, but not limited to describing out of the box assembly and troubleshooting
- Hands-on observational astronomy experience
- Communicate verbally in a clear, pleasant tone and manner
- Ability to read and write English
- Complete all departmental forms accurately and neatly
- Accurately enter data into the computer system
- Learn and apply training materials in an effective manner
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, managers, and customers
- Clearly document and resolve customer contacts in the journal system
- Communicate clearly, efficiently and professionally via e-mails, journals, and order memos
- Accurately identify replacement parts to resolve warranty related issues
- Multi-line Phone System
- Telephone Headset
- Windows based PC (MAC experience a plus)
- Computer Printers
- Fax Machine
* Part-Time staff receive Vacation/PTO/Holiday pay and 401K plan