Orion Telescopes & Binoculars is continually growing, and we're always on the lookout for qualified applicants to join our team! As the leading direct-to-consumer brand of outdoor optics, Orion is an exciting place to work. Our headquarters are located in beautiful Santa Cruz County on the Central California coast, just 20 miles south of Silicon Valley and 75 miles south of San Francisco. Orion employees enjoy a comfortable, stimulating working environment. The atmosphere is cooperative, team-oriented, and casual yet professional. Orion offers a competitive compensation & benefits package.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE ASSISTANT
Part-time (20 hours/week)
Assist in performance of general accounting functions, including monitoring AVS processes, fraud prevention, back-up for regular AR invoicing, collections, and installment billing.
- Obtain credit card authorizations and address verifications for order processing per company policy and procedure.
- Coordinate transfer of customer credit dollars to the CA State Controller's office
- Release International orders from AVS Credit Hold on Sunday mid-afternoons
- Maintain Fraud Table in Cybersource, a web-based tool. Follow defined procedures for fraud prevention; work with Customer Service to minimize fraudulent orders.
- Help with filing (weekly, as well as annual) routine for AR Invoices as well as Timecards.
- Ability to recognize suspect problem issues, research, and react in a timely manner to minimize potential credit card fraud.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to meet and maintain deadlines.
- Three to five years' experience in performing accounts receivable functions of increasing responsibility
- Must be computer literate and proficient in spreadsheet and word-processing software
- Computer, keyboard, mouse
- Ten-Key Calculator
CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT LEAD
Provide service to customers requesting assistance beyond that provided by a Customer Service Representative, and a resource person for Customer Service Representatives that answers questions and provides support related to sales and post sales service.
- Assure that the job responsibilities of Customer Service Representatives are assigned and processed within service level timeframes.
- Suggest changes in policies, procedures & working conditions to increase efficiency, quality and customer service.
- Incorporate new developments in policies & procedures and ensure that they are implemented and sustained within the department.
- Resolve customer issues concerns and work with CSR's to develop their customer satisfaction skills.
- Assist customers with more advanced product selections and work with CSR's to develop their sales and product recommendation skills.
- Resolve accounting issues as they relate to our customers - declines, charge-backs, etc.
- Provide overflow phone support.
- Review work processed by Customer Service Representatives to assure quality and accuracy of work, compliance with department procedures and policies and application of judgment appropriately.
- Monitor telephone calls.
- Train Customer Service Representatives on procedures, products, systems and performance, providing feedback in a constructive and positive manner.
- Provide feedback and reports to supervisor regarding customer Service Representative's job performance and progress toward goals.
- Lead department training sessions related to customer satisfaction.
- Assist Tech Service staff with customer follow-ups and help provide information and/or suggestions on how to handle returned orders/items sent in for warranty repair that may be outside of standard policy.
- 3 years on the job - or related experiences
- Strong Inter-personal and Communication Skills
- PC knowledge, including word processing and spreadsheets
- Communicate verbally in a clear, professional tone at all times.
- Complete all departmental forms accurately and neatly.
- Accurately enter data into the computer system.
- Learn, apply and relate training materials in an effective manner.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors and managers.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE I
Part-time (15 - 25 hours/week)
This position provides the basic aspects of sales and customer service.
- Answering customer calls, email and live chat requests/questions.
- Assisting customers with product selection, processing orders on-line, data entry and assuring that customer issues are resolved.
- Providing customers with basic order history, billing, and shipping information.
Qualified applicant should have:
- Strong written/verbal communication and problem solving skills required.
- Previous retail sales/customer service experience, preferred.
- Ability to accurately enter data into the computer system.
DEALER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE 1
Part-time (25 hours/week)
To provide domestic and international wholesale dealers and wholesale department personnel a full range of administrative and sales support.
- Take wholesale/dealer orders (via telephone, fax, email, or potentially internet). Assist partners with product selections and actively recommend additional products.
- Provide fast, efficient, and accurate wholesale administrative support for all matters pertaining to existing accounts, potential accounts (as directed), and other department matters that may be assigned from time to time.
- Place follow up telephone calls/ emails to domestic and international accounts thanking them for their orders and advising them of ship dates, tracking numbers, and backorder information.
- Working with the Orion wholesale team sales staff, identify and pursue sales growth opportunities within each wholesale account.
- Promptly communicate Orion special wholesale promotions and follow up with each account to answer any questions.
- Report market information acquired through contact with existing and potential wholesale customers. Information about competitor price and product availability along with service and response levels is especially important and should be reported to department management immediately.
- Manage wholesale/dealer product allocation
- Provide administrative support such as correspondence, ship quote, package preparation, mailing, ship batch preparation, and other functions that may be requested by department management and sales personnel.
- Maintain accurate and current wholesale records in Capella (internal database system)
- Assist in the development of wholesale promotional programs and mailings.
- Complete and resolve wholesale service/support issues (RMA, shipping, replacement parts, etc.) promptly and accurately.
- Expedite new dealer applications and follow up wholesale set up.
- Assist with wholesale/dealer invoicing, credit, and collection as needed and as assigned by department management.
- Assist department manager with special projects that may arise from time to time.
- Perform other support and administrative tasks that may be assigned by department management.
- Takes ownership to resolve issues
- High attention-to-detail
- Positive customer service attitude
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively
- Proven intermediate level competence in computer applications and database (ex. Capella/ERP system, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, etc.).
- Existing product knowledge and/or aptitude and interest in quickly learning about the Orion product lines
- A high level of enthusiasm for Orion products and the Orion wholesale programs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of retail store concepts and operations.
- Maintain and express a positive, sales growth oriented attitude.
INTERNET MARKETING MANAGER
Part-time (25 hours/week)
This is a multi-faceted role on a small team with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate is a creative, self-directed marketer who enjoys juggling multiple projects/deadlines and has had extensive international experience.
- Directly manage Search Engine Optimization and Social Media/Community Development and Engagement.
- Provide support for International Marketing Programs to include: affiliate, email, CSE, and PPC marketing programs. Identify and vet new international marketing programs.
- Search Engine Optimization Program Management
- Coordinate with SEO firm to conduct monthly competitor monitoring. Arrange meeting with broader team to review findings and identify action items based on competitor information. Prepare status reports on SEO efforts and success rates.
- Develop & manage site roadmap to introduce SEO enhancing features and content. Coordinate feature development with IT and IM developers. Commission freelance writers to develop SEO enhancing content and manage editorial calendar.
- Work closely with other departments to integrate your program effectively into existing promotions, graphics, business processes, etc.
- Meet or exceed budget goals including revenue, margin, cost, and customer acquisition goals
- International Marketing Program Support
- Affiliate: grow and cultivate relationships with new and existing affiliates; monitor performance and recommend relevant adjustments to commission structure, promotions, etc.; update promotional and creative information/graphics; research new developments that would enhance or impact our program
- CSE: monitor product feeds and placement; monitor bids; research new trends, growth opportunities; research and outreach to new SCEs
- Email: internationalize email marketing program for international audiences; create site promotional calendar based off of domestic site plan
- PPC: optimize PPC program for international audience working in partnership with third party agency; update promotional and creative information/graphics; research new developments that would enhance or impact our program
- New Opportunities: research trends, growth opportunities, and marketing programs in our international markets; recommend, plan, and implement new marketing programs
- Social Media / Community Development & Management
- Develop and manage editorial calendar for social media presence and SEO enhancing content coinciding with overall promotion calendar. Collaborate with Marketing/Creative teams to best utilize social media for our campaigns.
- Manage social media properties (Facebook, YouTube, Google+, etc.). Oversee and coordinate additional employees responsible for monitoring and posting.
- Commission new content and curate content that is relevant to target audience
- Develop procedures for monitoring, measuring and evaluating the success of social media initiatives and promotions. Prepare status reports on social media efforts and success rates.
- Knowledge of basic internet skills (email, web surfing, search engine use, etc.).
- Knowledge of technical aspects of web design and organization helpful (but not required).
- Knowledge of search engine optimization principles preferred.
- Experience managing marketing projects and publications from beginning to end, developing marketing messages and writing and editing compelling content.
- Experience using multiple social media platforms and blogging is ideal. A strong desire to learn how to utilize social media for brand engagement and marketing required.
- International marketing experience
- Some astronomy background and understanding of what would be relevant to hobbyists is strongly preferred.
- Strong Excel and Word skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision, able to "multi-task" effectively.
- Communicate clearly, pleasantly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent people management, project management and collaboration skills.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks.
- Effectively learn and apply training material.
- Ability to define and continuously refine / streamline production processes, including creating and clearly documenting process steps.
- Minimum 2 + years web administration experience (or equivalent) helpful but not required.
- Minimum 1+ years in support of a high volume business to consumer e-commerce business.
- Working knowledge of Orion Telescopes & Binoculars products.
To assist in shipping, handling, and receiving operations. Will work under close supervision and guidance from Receiving Supervisor and Shipping Supervisor to complete the required job functions and tasks.
- Load and unload merchandise to and from trucks, shelving, floor, pallets, etc.
- Pull merchandise for ship batches.
- Combine items to make complete units for shipping.
- Input shipping and item information into computer using keyboard.
- General Maintenance.
- Maintain security of the warehouse at all times.
- May be assigned other tasks as needed to accomplish the goals of the department and company.
- Prior experience with shipping/receiving preferred;
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs.;
- Ability to proficiently use a computer, keyboard, and mouse;
- Ability to read weight scales.
WHOLESALE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Job Objective: (Purpose for position)
The Wholesale Sales Representative will be responsible for increasing sales to domestic and international wholesale resellers through work with assigned existing accounts and through prospecting for new wholesale business. Although the initial emphasis will be developing business among specialty retailers, other reseller classifications may be assigned at the discretion of department management. Provide support and customer service for accounts.
- Use professional sales and account management skills to achieve sales and profitability performance targets for existing and prospective wholesale reseller accounts
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and new wholesale accounts to gain trust, build loyalty and increase commitment to the company's products and services
- Actively pursue outbound sales activities via phone and email with assigned accounts so as to meet and exceed individual account sales and product penetration targets
- Proactively prospect for new wholesale business opportunities. Identify, qualify and acquire new wholesale accounts that contribute to company goals and objectives
- Work with support staff to fill orders, provide after sale support, and resolve dealer service issues (e.g., shipping, repair parts, stock balancing, etc.) in a timely manner
- Create and manage distribution of wholesale promotional programs, campaigns and mailings.
- Monitor and assist in dealer invoicing, credit line utilization, and collection
- Report to management as directed and perform other administrative tasks that may be assigned from time to time
- Report progress, opportunities, and potential problems to department management
- Participate in department meetings, and meetings with department manager.
- Apply time management skills to attain high level of success
- Report market information acquired through contact with existing and potential wholesale customers
- Perform other support and administrative tasks that may be assigned by department management, or required to accomplish goals of department and company
- B2B or related sales experience with demonstrated success
- Understanding of retail business concepts and operations
- Proven time management skills
- Result-driven work ethic
* Part-Time staff receive Vacation/PTO/Holiday pay and 401K plan