Orion's Milky Way Scavenger Hunt & Give Away: Clue 3
Orion's Milky Way Scavenger Hunt is on! If you'd like to participate in the scavenger hunt for your chance to win a StarShoot AutoGuider Pro Mono Astrophotography Camera, please make sure you do two things first:
We've decided to begin each week's clue at Messier 39, or M39, in honor of Orion's 39th Anniversary, which we're celebrating this July. See our Week 1 clue for directions to the M39 starting point.
Week 3: Let's Get Started
Orion Scavenger Hunt Target #3:
- From M39 move almost 23 degrees
- And cross a bright star named "T"
- Large, and bright at magnitude 6.3
- This opening stop is sure to please.
- Move nine point five degrees more
- On angle 226, then
- Try to find an apple core
- In the Little Fox's den.
- Our target tonight
- Is in a constellation that's narrow
- You'll find it quite near
- The shaft of an arrow.
- Though views of this object
- Were always quite clear
- Nobody could quite detect
- Was it young, or advanced in years?
- In binoculars it will glow
- At magnitude 8.4
- But with 7.2 minutes size
- It really takes a telescope to show.
- What is this object?
Send in your guess, with a sketch or image of the object, via a Facebook message to Orion Telescopes & Binoculars.